Last modified: January 13, 2016
These Terms of Service ("Terms") govern your access to and use of our Services, including our websites, APIs, email notifications, mobile applications, buttons, widgets, and our other covered services that link to these Terms (collectively, "our Services"), and any information, text, graphics, photos or other materials uploaded, downloaded or appearing on our Services (collectively referred to as "Content"). Your access to and use of our Services are conditioned on your acceptance of and compliance with these Terms. By accessing or using our Services you agree to be bound by these Terms. If you do not agree with any of these Terms, you are prohibited from using or accessing our Services.
The blocks with the "Basically" titles provides a short explanation of the Terms of Service and is not legally binding.
Unless otherwise stated, Trollie B.V and/or its licensors own the intellectual property rights in the website and material on the website. Subject to the license below, all these intellectual property rights are reserved.
You may view, download for caching purposes only, and print pages from the website for your own personal use, subject to the restrictions set out below and elsewhere in these terms and conditions.
You must not:
- republish Content from our Services (including republication on another website);
- use the Content for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial);
- attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software contained on Trollie B.V's Services;
- remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the Content; or
- transfer the Content to another person or "mirror" the Content on any other server.
- This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by Trollie B.V at any time. Upon terminating your viewing of these Content or upon the termination of this license, you must destroy any downloaded Content in your possession whether in electronic or printed format.
By using any apps of Trollie you agree to all the terms below. You are not allowed to use / copy the content on our site for other (commercial) purposes.
Please check the following Key Terms to understand where the defitions in these Terms refer to.
- "User" means a person who completes Trollie's account registration process and has accepted these Terms.
- "Trip" means all Content that a User creates on the "Share a trip" page to be made available through our Services. A Trip is a group of multiple locations and / or transfers that a User can book.
- "Republished Trip" means a Trip that a User books via another User and makes a available through our Services. The booking needs to be a Verified Booking before it can be a Republished Trip.
- "Verified Booking" is described under "Payment of Fees upon Verified Bookings of your Trips" below.
Check the list to see what all definitions mean.
All Content, whether publicly posted or privately transmitted to our Services, is the sole responsibility of the account holder from which such Content originates and you acknowledge and agree that you, and not Trollie are entirely responsible for all Content that you post, or otherwise submit to our Services. Trollie does not control User submitted Content and, as such, does not guarantee the accuracy, integrity or quality of such Content. You understand that by using our Services you may be exposed to Content that is offensive, indecent or objectionable. Under no circumstances will Trollie B.V be liable in any way for any Content, including, but not limited to, any errors or omissions in any Content, or any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any Content posted, emailed, transmitted or otherwise made available via our Services or broadcast elsewhere.
As a condition of use, you promise not to use our Services for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by these Terms, or any other purpose not reasonably intended by Trollie. By way of example, and not as a limitation, you agree not to use our Services:
- To abuse, harass, threaten, impersonate or intimidate any person;
- To post or transmit, or cause to be posted or transmitted, any Content that is libellous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, abusive, offensive, profane, or that infringes any copyright or other right of any person;
- For any purpose (including posting or viewing Content) that is not permitted under the laws of the jurisdiction where you use our Services;
- To post or transmit, or cause to be posted or transmitted, any communication or solicitation designed or intended to obtain password, account, or private information from any User;
- To create or transmit unwanted ‘spam’ to any person or any URL
- To create multiple accounts for the purpose of voting for or against Users' Trips or profiles;
- To post copyrighted Content which doesn’t belong to you;
- With the exception of accessing RSS feeds, you will not use any robot, spider, scraper or other automated means to access our Services for any purpose without our express written permission. Additionally, you agree that you will not: (a) take any action that imposes, or may impose in our sole discretion an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our infrastructure; (b) interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Site or any activities conducted on the Site; or (c) bypass any measures we may use to prevent or restrict access to the Site;
- To artificially inflate or alter vote counts, blog counts, comments, or any other Service or for the purpose of giving or receiving money or other compensation in exchange for votes, or for participating in any other organized effort that in any way artificially alters the results of Services;
- To advertise to, or solicit, any User to buy or sell any products or services, or to use any information obtained from our Services in order to contact, advertise to, solicit, or sell to any User without their prior explicit consent;
- To promote or sell Content of another person.
- To sell or otherwise transfer your profile.
To report a suspected abuse of our Services or a breach of the Terms (other than relating to copyright infringement which is addressed under "Copyright complaints" below) please send written notice to Trollie at email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
You cannot use our sites, apps or API's to post pornographic material, harass people, send spam, negatively vote on all Trips, and do other crazy stuff. Be reasonable and responsible, don't do anything stupid and you'll be fine.
Please read this section carefully before posting, uploading, or otherwise submitting any Content to our Services. By submitting content to the site you are granting Trollie a worldwide, Non exclusive license to use the content and are representing and warranting to Trollie that the content is owned or duly licensed by you, and that Trollie is free to publish, distribute and use the content as hereinafter provided for without obtaining permission or license from any third party.
In consideration of Trollie's agreement to allow you to post Content to our Services and Trollie's agreement to publish such Content and for other valuable consideration the receipt and sufficiency of which are hereby expressly and irrevocably acknowledged, you agree with Trollie as follows:
You acknowledge that:
- By uploading your photographic or graphic works to Trollie you retain full rights to those works that you had prior to uploading.
- By posting Content to our Services you hereby grant to Trollie a non-exclusive, transferable, fully paid, worldwide license (with the right to sublicense) to use, distribute, reproduce, modify, adapt, publicly perform and publicly display such Content in connection with our Services. This license will exist for the period during which the Content is posted on the Site and will automatically terminate upon the removal of the Content from the Site;
- The license granted to Trollie includes the right to use your Content fully or partially for promotional reasons and to distribute and redistribute your Content to other parties, web-sites, applications, and other entities, provided such Content is attributed to you in accordance with the credits (i.e. username, profile picture, photo title, descriptions, tags, and other accompanying information) if any and as appropriate, all as submitted to Trollie by you;
- Subject to the terms of the foregoing license, you retain full ownership or other rights in your Content and any intellectual property rights or other proprietary rights associated with your Content.
You represent and warrant that:
- You are the owner of all rights, including all copy rights in and to all Content you submit to our Services;
- You have the full and complete right to enter into this agreement and to grant to Trollie the rights in the Content herein granted, and that no further permissions are required from, nor payments required to be made to any other person in connection with the use by Trollie of the Content as contemplated herein; and
- The Content does not defame any person and does not infringe upon the copyright, moral rights, publicity rights, privacy rights or any other right of any person, or violate any law or judicial or governmental order.
Your Trips and images will preserve whatever copyright they had before uploading to our Services. We will protect the copyright and will not sell your photos without your permission.
At any time you can remove your Trips from our Services by unpublising your Trip. In addition, Trollie may remove any Trips or images that it believes to be in breach of the Terms. In all cases copies of your Trips posted on any third party sites and used for promotional purposes shall be removed within a reasonable period of time following your removal request, however submitted. Except as otherwise provided for herein, We cannot delete the Trips that Users booked, based on your Trip.
Subject to the licenses granted to Trollie in these Terms you retain ownership of your images.
If you want to remove your Content from our Services, unpublish it and your are able to delete your Content.
You will be paid booking fees ("Fees") for the verified bookings of your Trips in accordance with the Trollie Fee Schedule described below in effect at the time a User (including you) books your Trip and the booking is verified by Trollie. Trollie reserves the right to change the fee schedule from time to time and at any time at its sole discretion. We will notify you of changes to the fee schedule by posting an announcement on the Site. You shall be responsible for reviewing any such changes. Your continued use of our Services, including the continued posting of your Trips on our Services after a change in fees will signify your acceptance of the revised fee schedule.
A booking is verified when at least 5 parts of a booking of your Trip are booked through one of our travel partners (Expedia, TripAdvisor, Booking.com, Hotels.com or Skyscanner) and our travel partners verified this booking too. We are able to track and identify bookings made through our travel partners and will automatically update your account as soon as we receive a verification. Normally we will receive a verification after the booking is consumed.
Booking fees levels
- You will receive $5 USD for each Verified Booking of your Trips.
- You will receive $4 USD for each Verified Booking of your Trips when it's booked through a Republished Trip.
- You will receive $1 USD for each Verified Booking of your Republished Trip.
You can request payouts via PayPal through the Payments page. A minimum amount of $50 USD is required to request the payment by Paypal. Paypal fees will be deducted from final payout.
You will receive a $5 USD, $4 USD or $1 USD fee when someone books your Trip. The fee depends on the booking type and needs to verified by us. You are able to request a payout via PayPal when you have at least $50 USD on your Trollie account.
You're free to stop using our Services at any time. We also reserve the right to suspend or end our Services at any time at our discretion and without notice. For example, we may suspend or terminate your use of our Services if you're not complying with these Terms, or use our Services in a manner that would cause us legal liability, disrupt our Services or disrupt others' use of our Services.
We may stop providing services at any time. You can stop using your account or close it at any time as well.
Trollie respects the intellectual property rights of others. It is our policy to respond promptly any claim that Content posted on our Services infringes the copyright or other intellectual property infringement ("Infringement") of any person. Trollie will use reasonable efforts to investigate notices of alleged Infringement and will take appropriate action under applicable intellectual property law and these Terms where it believes an Infringement has taken place, including removing or disabling access to the Content claimed to be infringing and/or terminating accounts and access to our Services.
To notify Trollie of a possible Infringement you must submit your notice in writing to the attention of "Copyright Infringement" care of email@example.com and include in your notice a detailed description of the alleged Infringement sufficient to enable Trollie to make a reasonable determination. Please note that you may be held accountable for damages (including costs and attorneys' fees) for misrepresenting that any Content is infringing your copyright.
If we remove or disable access to Content in response to a notice of Infringement, we will make reasonable attempts to contact the user who posted the affected Content. If you feel that your Content is not infringing, you may provide Trollie with a counter notice in writing to the attention of "Copyright Infringement Counter Notification" at firstname.lastname@example.org. You must include in your counter notice sufficient information to enable Trollie to make a reasonable determination. Please note that you may be held accountable for damages (including costs and attorneys' fees) if you materially misrepresent that your Content is not infringing the copyrights of others.
If you are uncertain whether an activity constitutes Infringement, we recommended seeking advice of an attorney.
We respect the intellectual property of others and ask that you do too. If anything is wrong, please send an email with all the details to email@example.com.
Our Services may contain links to thirdparty web sites or services that are not owned or controlled by Trollie B.V.
Trollie B.V has no control over, and assumes no responsibility for, the content, privacy policies, or practices of any third party web sites or services. You further acknowledge and agree that Trollie B.V shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any such content, goods or services available on or through any such web sites or services. Use of any linked web site is at the User's own risk.
We are not responsible for links on our site going to thirdparty web sites.
You hereby expressly and irrevocably release and forever discharge Trollie, its affiliated and associated companies, and their respective directors, officers, employees, agents, representatives, independent and dependent contractors, licensees, successors and assigns of and from any and all actions, causes of action, suits, proceedings, liability, debts, judgments, claims and demands whatsoever in law or equity which you ever had, now have, or hereafter can, shall or may have, for or by reason of, or arising directly or indirectly out of your use of our Services.
You hereby agree to indemnify and hold harmless Trollie, its affiliated and associated companies, and their respective directors, officers, employees, agents, representatives, independent and dependent contractors, licensees, successors and assigns from and against all claims, losses, expenses, damages and costs (including, but not limited to, direct, incidental, consequential, exemplary and indirect damages), and reasonable attorneys' fees, resulting from or arising out of (a) a breach of these Terms, (b) Content posted on the Site, (c) the use of our Services, by you or any person using your account or Trollie username and password, (d) the bookings or use of your Trips, or (e) any violation of any rights of a third party.
We are not liable if something goes really wrong. Always have a backup of your photos.
Trollie, Trollie.com and other Trollie graphics, logos, designs, page headers, button icons, scripts, and service names are registered trademarks, trademarks or trade dress of Trollie. Trollie's trademarks and trade dress may not be used in connection with any product or service without the prior written consent of Trollie. The images and icons on our Services may be used by partners and third party sites in connection with providing appropriate links to the Trollie website.
Please respect our trademarks and brands.
We may revise these Terms from time to time, and will always post the most current version on our website. If a revision meaningfully reduces your rights, we will notify you (by, for example, sending a message to the email address associated with your account, posting on our blog or on this page). By continuing to use or access our Services after the revisions come into effect, you agree to be bound by the revised Terms.
If these Terms of Service change and reduces your rights, we will notify you.
The Content on our Services are provided "as is". Trollie makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties, including without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights. Further, Trollie does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the Content on its Services or otherwise relating to such Content or on any sites linked to our Services.
In no event shall Trollie B.V or its suppliers be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption,) arising out of the use or inability to use the Content on Trollie B.V's Services, even if Trollie B.V or a Trollie B.V authorized representative has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage. Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations may not apply to you.
Things can happen, we are not responsible.
We respect your privacy and we only use the information you provide for our own Services.
If you have any questions about these Terms, please contact us.
Have a question? Contact us!