Last modified: January 13, 2016
Your privacy is very important to us. Accordingly, we have developed this Policy in order for you to understand how we collect, use, communicate and disclose and make use of personal information.
We are committed to conducting our business in accordance with these principles in order to ensure that the confidentiality of personal information is protected and maintained.
We only collect personal information that is relevant to the purpose of our website. This information allows us to provide you with a customized and efficient experience.
We collect information to make Trollie useful for you.
We receive and store any information you enter on our website or provide to us in any other way. You can choose not to provide us with certain information, but then you may not be able to take advantage of many of our special features.
Registration: In order for you to use Trollie services you must complete a registration form. As part of this registration form, we require select personal information.
User Profile: To allow you to express yourself beyond just the information collected during registration, we enable you to provide additional information, such as a bio, favorite URLs, and instant messaging IDs. In addition, you may choose to include photos of yourself in your profile. As indicated below, in the section titled "Sharing Your Information", you can control how your information is displayed and used.
We collect your registration and user profile data. Our servers also collect log information used to make the website faster and better.
We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. Trollie and its authorized agents automatically receive and record certain "traffic data" on their server logs from your browser including your IP address, Trollie cookie information, and the page you requested. Trollie uses this traffic data to help diagnose problems with its servers, analyze trends and administer the website.
Trollie may collect and, on any page, display the total counts that page has been viewed. This includes User Profile pages.
Many companies offer programs that help you to visit websites anonymously. While Trollie will not be able to provide you with a personalized experience if we cannot recognize you, we want you to be aware that these programs are available.
We use analytics tools to analyse the usage of our Services.
Trollie is very concerned about your privacy and we will never provide your email address to a third party without your explicit permission, as detailed in the "Sharing Your Information" section below. Trollie may send out emails with Trollie-related news, products, offers, surveys or promotions. You may also receive notification emails from Trollie, which inform you of actions (e.g. friend requests) that have been performed on the site. If you do not want to receive email from us, please visit the Email Preferences section of your User Profile and/or follow the instructions contained in the unwanted email message. However, please note that in all cases you will continue to receive all system emails (e.g. those regarding forgotten user passwords) and legal notices (e.g. updates to our policies) from us.
We will send you emails based on your profile settings. From time to time, we may send emails to all our users.
Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer's hard drive through your Web browser to enable our systems to recognize your browser and tell us how and when pages in our website are visited and by how many people. Trollie cookies do not collect personal information, and we do not combine information collected through cookies with other personal information to tell us who you are or what your screen name or e-mail address is.
To remember you, our system will give you a cookie. It's safe.
Because Trollie enables people to discover and share information with one another, information about the people who use Trollie is an integral part of the Trollie experience. Rest assured that we neither rent nor sell your personal information to anyone and that we will share your personal information only as described below.
- Trollie Personnel: Trollie personnel and authorized consultants and/or contractors may have access to user information if necessary in the normal course of Trollie business.
- Business Transfers: In some cases, we may choose to buy or sell assets. In these types of transactions, user information is typically one of the business assets that is transferred. Moreover, if Trollie, or substantially all of its assets, were acquired, user information would be one of the assets that is transferred.
- User Profile information: Information collected during registration and subsequent visits, such as your full name and location, may be displayed to other Trollie users in your User Profile. The User Profile is the area on Trollie where we allow you to tell other Trollie users about yourself. You may control what personal information is displayed in your User Profile by visiting the Settings section of your User Profile.
- Followers' Activity: Much like other online social networks, Trollie allows non-followers to browse your followers activity.
- With Your Consent: Except as noted above, we will contact you when your personal information is shared with third parties or used for a purpose incompatible with the purpose(s) for which it was originally collected, and you will be able to opt out to prevent the sharing of this information.
We do not sell your information to anyone. However, we will show publicly available information to other users and may release other information to authorities where required by law.
Your Trollie account information is protected by a password for your privacy and security. Protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer by logging off once you have finished using a shared computer.
Only employees who need personal information to perform a specific job (for example, a customer service representative) are granted access to it. All of our employees are kept up to date on our privacy and security practices.
Your account is protected by an encrypted password. We keep it secure, you must also keep it safe. Our employees may not access your account unless required to do a specific job.
- As stated previously, you can always opt not to disclose information, but then you may be unable to use certain features on our website.
- By visiting your User Profile, you can correct, amend, add or delete personal information on our website.
- If you do not wish to receive email from us or other Trollie users, please visit the Settings of your User Profile and/or follow the instructions contained in the unwanted email message.
- However, please note that you will continue to receive all system emails (e.g. those regarding forgotten user passwords) and legal notices (e.g. updates to our policies) from us.
- As explained earlier, the "help" portion of the toolbar on the majority of browsers will direct you on how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to command the browser to tell you when you receive a new cookie, or how to fully disable cookies. Please note, however, that if your browser does not accept cookies, you will not be able to take advantage of some of our attractive features.
You can choose not to share information with us, but your experience of the site may be limited. However, until your account is deleted, you may receive all system emails.
You must be 14 years and older to register to use the Trollie Services. As a result, Trollie does not specifically collect information about children. If we learn that Trollie has collected information from a child under the age of 13, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. We recommend that minors between the ages of 14 and 18 ask and receive their parents' permission before using Trollie or sending information about themselves or anyone else over the Internet.
Please register only when you reach 18 years old, or ask your parents' permission if you are between 14 and 18 years old.